Induction heating is an old technology, but this has been aggressively using in the kitchen as main source food cooking recently. Several attractive models and mind blowing features are incorporated in the induction cooktop. There are hundreds of induction cooktop models are available in the market with very affordable price. Most of them are being considered as the best induction cooktop due to their quality consistency and service back up. Every product required an introduction how to use it properly, and this article is discussing about the systematic way of using an induction cooktop.
- Read user’s guide: Every induction cooktop shall have user’s guide and manual. Read them carefully and understand the basic function.
- Checking electric connection: Check the electrical installations and also note the electric circuit breaker location. Noting down the breaker location will help you deal with any emergency.
- Display indicators: Acquaint with the display menu information. There will be on/off switches and heat controlling illustrations and also various cooking menu options. The control operations are taken care of by soft feather touch operations.
- Selecting the pan: Use only flat bottom magnetic conductor pans for induction cooktop use. Non-magnetic metal pans cannot be used for induction cooking.
- Pan placing position: Keep the pan’s handle always inward position keeping exactly on the round position of the induction cooktop. The cooker won’t work if the pan is not placed properly on the induction cooker.
- Careful with induction surface: Never touch the induction surface of the cooktop, immediately after cooking. The contact area may be hot and may cause burn if touched.
- Empty pan: It is not advised to heat an empty pan. This may damage the cooktop and also spoil the cooking pan.
- Do not repair: Never try to repair the induction cooktop while it is on or plugged on. Instead of doing any service or repair attempt it would be better to call the concerned service agent.
- Keep the cooktop safely: Do not keep any flammable objects near to the cooktop. Also, always keep the cooktop surface clean. All moisture particles must be cleaned before using the induction cooktop.
- Cleaning: Use a damp sponge to clean the surface of the cooktop. It is advised to clean the top after the heat is settled down.
- Cooking: As a general practice of cooking it is advised to keep all the cooking ingredients ready for cooking and place the pan along with the food item to be cooked. Instead of manually adjusting heat and timer it is better to use pre-set cooking menu. The high speed and quick heating features perform much faster than conventional cooking appliances. Pre-set cooking menu for coffee/tea making or milk boiling or water boiling is very convenient if used as per the choice of requirement.
Generally, the best induction cooktop is equipped with advanced illumination panels for various type of cooking information. The touch controls are illuminated when activated and hence it is easy to understand the operation. Also, the cooktops are available in the market with lock systems. This will prevent the cooker being accidently activated and also good to use a child lock protection. Since most of the cooktops are touch button operation, the locking systems are very much helpful from the safety point of view. The size of the induction cooktop has to be selected as per the daily cooking requirements.